Saturday 4 February 2012

National Libraries Day

Local authority doing nothing about this, but popped into nearest branch. Very much alive - kids library has Dr Who decor and suitably contained a number of families with small children; all the PCs were busy (with assorted age group) and a young teen putting his name on the waiting list for the next free hour.
Teenagers busy doing homework (impressive!) and librarians friendly & helpful.
No book about Barcelona :-( but can get from Central library.

Debated copying Phil Bradley's idea of visiting my first ever library, but it's now closed!! Presumably the kids on the estate have to go a little further away for the riches of an endless supply of free books! I can remember going on my own to change my books aged 8 and 9 and confounding the library statistics by taking back books I'd borrowed one day because I'd read them all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment