Friday 6 January 2012

Tackling a project

I read an interesting blog recently about tackling a big research project, which I identified with!

The author looked at the beginning of the writing process and how ideas seem to go chasing off in different directions. The process of trying to make sense of it all, tie things together and give your project an overall sense of direction, results in a lot of scampering around as you try and round all the ideas up. They seem to diverge and are most unwilling to be contained and made sense of.

This bit is HARD WORK!

This is what I am doing at the moment with my application for QTLS (Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills) There are plenty of ideas, resources (or 'assets') uploaded to the IfL (Institute for Learning) Reflect database to add to my webfolio, but pulling the whole lot together into a coherent whole is proving most elusive!

I know, of course, because it has happened in the past, that the magic moment will arrive when ideas start to converge, order is made out of chaos, and light can be seen at the end of the tunnel. In the mean time...hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment